1. Industry of the Ordinary Connect with David Hockney
A joint lecture/conversation between Chicago’s Industry of the Ordinary and painter David Hockney.
Art Institute of Chicago, 111 South Michigan Ave. Artist talk Saturday 2-3pm
“I am The Queen takes a look at the often unobserved life of Chicagoâ€™s Puerto Rican transgender community.” A film by Henrique Cirne-Lima & Josue Pellot
LVL3, 1542 N. Milwaukee Ave, 3rd Fl. Doors Sunday at 5:30pm, screening at 6:00pm
3. Nickel History: The Nation of Heat at Firecat Projects
New work by Tony Fitzpatrick
Firecat Projects, 2124 N. Damen. Reception Friday 7-10pm.
4. A Few Metaphors for Distance at ACRE Projects
New work by Zacharias Abubeker.
ACRE Projects, 1913 W 17th St. Reception Sunday 4-8pm.
5. Mountains and Matter at 65Grand
New work by Bob Jobes.
65Grand, 1369 W. Grand Ave. Reception Friday 7-10pm.
- 10 Shows to See Friday After EXPO - September 17, 2015
- Top 10 Weekend Picks! (9/4-9/6) - September 3, 2015
- Top 5 Weekend Picks! (8/21-8/23) - August 20, 2015