The madness of Artopolis is over my friends, and I’m glad for it, it was a long weekend. But this by no means indicates a lack of awesome art. This weekend is surprisingly busy, and here’s what I think shouldn’t be missed:
1. Immersioni/Immersions at Johalla Projects
A primarily, though not exclusively,Â video based exhibition jointly curated by Anna Cerniglia and Susanna Horvatovicova, and featuring the work of Elise Blue, Ben Russell, Rakele Tombini, and Chiara Tommasi.
Johalla Projects is located at 1561 N. Milwaukee Ave., 2nd fl. Opening Reception Friday, from 7-11pm.
2. Alphabetization at Noble & Superior Projects
An exploration of language curated by Ania Szremski, and featuring the work of Brandon Alvendia, Scott Carter, Eric Fleischauer, Brookhart Jonquil and Daniel Lavitt.
Noble & Superior Projects is located at 1418 W. Superior St. Opening Reception Friday, from 6-10pm.
3. The Home Front: What You Can Do! at Pritzker Military Library
WWII motivational propaganda posters. Have you started your war garden?
Pritzker Military Library is located at 610 N. Fairbanks Ct., 2nd fl. Show begins May 7th.
4. Flat 6 at Floor Length and Tux
Experiments in spicy with Jon Bollo, Luca Scala, Jonathan Ozik, Matty Colston, Catie Olson, and EC Brown.
Floor Length and Tux is located at 2332 W. Augusta, #3. Reception Saturday, beginning at 7pm, DJ at 11pm.
5. As you pass by and cast an eye as you are now so once was I at Western Exhibitions
Creepy sculpture and flat work by Rachel Niffenegger. John Parot’s show Hobbies also opens at Western Ex.
Western Exhibitions is located at 119 N Peoria St. 2A. Reception Saturday, from 5-8pm.
- 10 Shows to See Friday After EXPO - September 17, 2015
- Top 10 Weekend Picks! (9/4-9/6) - September 3, 2015
- Top 5 Weekend Picks! (8/21-8/23) - August 20, 2015