This week: The Amanda Browder show rolls in to town! Amanda talks to Michael Velliquette and Oliver Warden
Michael Velliquette has a show up atÂ DCKT Contemporary!
MICHAEL VELLIQUETTE (b. 1971) is a mixed media artist known for his densely detailed and dimensionally complex paper sculptures, installations, and drawings.He has recently had solo shows at DCKT Contemporary, New York, NY; Disjecta, Portland, OR; Morgan Lehman Gallery, New York, NY; and Rhodes College, Memphis, TN. His museum exhibitions include Slash: Paper Under the Knife at theÂ Museum of Art and Design, New York; Art on Paper at the Weatherspoon Art Museum; and Psychedelic at the San Antonio Museum of Art. His work is in the collections of the Museum of Wisconsin Art; the Racine Art Museum; the Progressive Corporation; Western Bridge, Seattle; The John Michael Kohler Art Center; The Linda Pace Foundation; The State of Wisconsin; Boston Childrenâ€™s Hospital and the San AntonioÂ Museum of Art.Â A catalog chronicling his work from the past 10 years titled “Michael Velliquette: Lairs of the Unconscious” was released in 2011 through Devibooks Publishers.
Then a conversation with Oliver Warden about his project Globall!
GLOBALL is a new take on a social network created as a work of art by artist Oliver Warden.
“Basically, I want to pass seven wooden balls, one for each letter in GLOBALL, hand to hand, person to person, around the world.
On each of these wooden balls will be the instructions of what to do with it in multiple languages (three different ones for each ball) and in pictograms. When you receive a GLOBALL:
1. Take a picture of yourself with it and send the picture, your first name, your location and the time to our website www.wheresgloball.com.
2. Once on the website you can fill out a profile. There you can share your experience, connect with other GLOBALLers and follow your ball on its journey.
3. Youâ€™ll then be asked to pass the GLOBALL to a VERY GOOD FRIEND and explain the instructions.
Hopefully as each ball travels, everyone will think about words such as ‘share’ and ‘friend’ and ‘follow’. With a little luck, each GLOBALL will go on a voyage of friendship and connectivity around the world.”
Latest posts by Christopher (see all)
- Episode 577: Kerry James Marshall WLPN B@SC Radio Edit - February 28, 2017
- Kevin Jennings (1979-2016) - June 28, 2016
- Episode 549: James Wines SITE Architect - May 24, 2016