It has felt like a rather slow week for art news. Here are some of the stories you might have missed this week via our twitter page. On this weeks roundup you will find Japan’s bad ass million dollar, robot flying Spiderman, the history of the pubic wig, and one young man’s thoughts on the Walker art Center. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Maybe we’ll see you at the Hyde Park Art Center on Saturday.
- reBlog has a great chart/video of the most common letters and stylistics variations in graffiti.
- Just when it looked like the Children’s Museum could move to Grant Park the economy catches up with them.
- The 70’s intro for the Japanese Spiderman is awesome. Why didn’t the American one have a flying robot?
- The World’s Best Ever has a surprisingly interesting history of the pubic wig.
- I’ve never road a bike down a mountain, which might explain why I have never thought about the history of Mountain biking. Klunkerz: A Film About Mountain Bike History
- Proximity’s sister publication Pr now has it’s own site. Be sure to check out some of their online content.
- “…art is only for the artist but then if itâ€™s only for the artist why is it on exhibit at the Walker?” Probably the best review of an art museum ever written. (via eyeteeth)
- RT @wired Blind photographers use gadgets as visual prosthetics, and continue making art. This is what it’s all about.