I was a former “old-style” curator who began participating in the online world right around the time that ideas about so-called “new style curation” started cropping up…everywhere….so this panel — which features Paddy Johnson of Art Fag City, online media consultant Rex Sorgatz, Rhizome‘s Ceci Moss, and panel organizer and moderator Joanne McNeil of the Tomorrow Museum — is really interesting to me. I’m still in the process of watching and absorbing and thus have no commentary to add — I just wanted to pop this embedded video into your feed readers and what-not in case you’re interested in the topic, and/or haven’t already come across this. Also: Paddy Johnson, one of the panelists, has written an extended follow-up to the panel on her blog Art Fag City. I do think it’s incredibly generous of Johnson to write at length about the ideas behind the panel in addition to speaking on it. Those shared thoughts, and the posting of the entire talk on YouTube, is much appreciated by folks like me, who don’t live in NYC and had no way of catching this talk live.
Sign up to receive breaking news
- Ryan Trecartin’s riverthe.net Could Use More Flow
- Annals of Curation: ‘Curated Computing’
- SAIC Curators Explore the Meaning of Having and Being Had
- Curate This! Offers Latest Contest Model for Contemporary Art Exhibitions
- Exhibition Opportunity for Student Curators
- Come See a “Live” BAS Interview with René de Guzman!
- REVIEW: Suitable Video – Volume 1