Hope everyone has had a good week. Here is a brief roundup of some of the things you might have missed this week. I still haven’t checked out the Olafur Eliasson show at the MCA. I have heard a lot of really great things so hopefully I will get a chance to catch it this weekend. Next week we should be introducing a new addition to the BAS blog. Check back next week to see who.
- Cannes Film Festival winners
- â€œBeginning with early 20th century paintings by French artist Suzanne Valadon and ending with works by up-to-the-minute figures such as Japan’s Mariko Moriâ€¦â€ How â€œup to the minuteâ€ is Mariko Mori? The LA Times covers the Pompidou Center’s all female show.
- Proximityâ€™s sister mag PR will be releasing issue 2 this Sunday, the 31st at the Hyde Park Art Center.
- A Time to Get brought us a brief history of the Van’s skate shoes. Wicked.
- The Hamilton Wood Type Museum in Wisconsin is celebrating their 10th 10th Anniversary this weekend.
- Now that Lauren has outed me on loving cat videos check out Play Him Off Keyboard Gato.
- BLD BLOG interviewed Richard Mosse about Saddam’s Palaces.
- Kyle GannÂ will be giving a talk at University of Chicago on Sunday at 2:00pm
- Have you checked out the Marma Spot?