Work by Polly Apfelbaum, Ali Bailey, John Baldessari, Madison Brookshire and Tashi Wada, Zachary Buchner, Tyree Callahan, Anne Collier, Jacob Dahlgren, Jose DÃ¡vila, Gaylen Gerber, Adam Grossi, Gary Hill, Rashid Johnson, Anna Kunz, Judy Ledgerwood, IÃ±igo Manglano-Ovalle, and Richard Mosse.
Gallery 400 is located at 400 S. Peoria St. Reception Friday from 5-8pm.
Work by Gustavo Diaz.
The Mission is located at 1431 W. Chicago Ave. Reception Friday from 6-9pm.
Work by Scott Horsley.
Bert Green Fine Art is located at 8 S. Michigan Ave. Suite 1220. Reception Saturday from 4-7pm.
Work by Liliana Porter.
Carrie Secrist Gallery is located at 835 W. Washington. Reception Saturday from 4-7pm.
Work by Barbara DeGenevieve, Brent Garbowski, and Joe Mault.
Slow is located at 2153 W 21st St. Reception Saturday from 6-9pm.
- Hope everyone has had a good week. Here is a brief roundup of some of the things you might have missed this week. I still haven’t checked out the Olafur Eliasson show at the MCA. I have heard a lot of really great things so hopefully I will get a chance to catch it this weekend. Next week we should be introducing a new addition to the BAS blog. Check back next week to see who.
- Cannes Film Festival winners
- â€œBeginning with early 20th century paintings by French artist Suzanne Valadon and ending with works by up-to-the-minute figures such as Japan’s Mariko Moriâ€¦â€ How â€œup to the minuteâ€ is Mariko Mori? The LA Times covers the Pompidou Center’s all female show.
- Proximityâ€™s sister mag PR will be releasing issue 2 this Sunday, the 31st at the Hyde Park Art Center.
- A Time to Get brought us a brief history of the Van’s skate shoes. Wicked.
- The Hamilton Wood Type Museum in Wisconsin is celebrating their 10th 10th Anniversary this weekend.
- Now that Lauren has outed me on loving cat videos check out Play Him Off Keyboard Gato.
- BLD BLOG interviewed Richard Mosse about Saddam’s Palaces.
- Kyle GannÂ will be giving a talk at University of Chicago on Sunday at 2:00pm
- Have you checked out the Marma Spot?