This week: Bad at Sports changes in to 88.5 “the shack” for NADA Miami where we were kindly and patiently hosted by Ox-Bow and Jonas Sebura and Alex Gartelmann (who let us set up our lunacy in their sculptural installation).
We talk to John Riepenhoff, artist, gallerist, awesome person (who has work in a show at Western Exhibitions opening this Friday).
Then Art Practical sums up the fair(s) and Patricia expresses her desire to cross genre to breed with a sandwich. Which is odd in that early in the show, and uknown to Patricia, Richard expresses the crushing sadness caused by the loss of a sandwich when Abu’s on Farwell changed owners and became awful.
This show is a fucking masterpiece, stop reading this and listen.
November 29, 2011 · Print This Article
Universe. It is only 2 more days till we open up in Miami Beach in the mighty Ox-Bow Cabin.
Are you ready?
We will be..
1. We are going to be in Miami.
2. We are going to make 48 hours of Bad at Sports in one weekend.
3. We are going to do that by broadcasting “pirate style” from a cabin at the middle of NADA.
5. Our Ox-Bow cabin is in fact an entirely separate piece of art by Jonas Sebura and Alex Gartelmann.
6. We have a limited amount of kick ass t-shirts which will be available for purchase.
7. YES – THIS MEANS FOR FOUR DAYS YOU CAN LISTEN TO US ALL THE FUCKING TIME. This could change your life.
8. Richard has promised to dress like a pirate.
That is all.
This week: Amanda and Tom talk to Heathers Hubbs (director of NADA) and Lauren Wittels (Executive Director, Regency Arts Press, Ltd.) about the press, their projects and the forthcoming Art Book Swap (Saturday October 9th, 2010 12-5 at the AIC Ryerson and Burnham Libraries)!
Next: Duncan (in our first official phone interview) talks to Christopher Bedford, Curator of Exhibitions at the Wexner Center for the Arts in Columbus Ohio.
DONATE BOOKS! COME TO THE SWAP!
This week: The final report from NADA 2009! Duncan and Amanda talk to artists Nicole Awai, and Valerie Blass.
This weeks intro contains lots of important information. Bad at Sports needs your help with an exciting new project. If you have a question you want answered related to the art world, we’ll get you answers!