Dennis Oppenheim died of liver cancer over the weekend, Charlie Finch of Artnet has reported. Read Finch’s memorium to Oppenheim on Artnet here, and Artforum’s obit here (the NYT has not published theirs yet). Oppenheim’s “Attempt to Raise Hell” can currently be seen in the exhibition “Without You I’m Nothing” at the MCA Chicago.
Sign up to receive breaking news
- Grey Grounds: Gaylen Gerber at the 2014 Whitney Biennial
- The Rematerialization of the Art Object: Stone, Soil, Words, and Wood; A reflection on Chicago artists participating in documenta13
- Nancy Spero Dies at Age 83
- Thoughts from Across the Cultural Divide: #13 (Dave Winfield, Part 1)
- Artist Rochelle Feinstein explores Michael Jackson’s legacy of failure and redemption