On this weeks roundup we look at some really bad art of Obama, Paul McCarthy speaks with the people over at BOMBSITE, and Art Observed checks in to see the love Steve Powers is spreading. Have a good weekend everyone.
Paul McCarthy interviewed by Benjamin Weissman on BOMBSITE.
Preservationists attempt to save Chicago’s Gropius architecture threatened by Olympic planning.
Jerry Saltz’s picks for Fall shows in NYC.
Tribune covers what Chicago galleries are doing to get by.
I know it doesn’t say “Best New Websites of 2009” but Time’s picks feel unbelievably obvious.
NoCoast will be hosting a silkscreen workshop this Saturday and Sunday.
Watching the trailer for The Mockumentary.
Chicago Printers Guild is currently offering a mystery pack of prints. via The Post Family
Art Observed discusses the “Love Letter Project” with Steve Powers.
In this week’s roundup we look at a video of crash test dummies (do you remember that horrible band? I know Richard does), the Venice Biennale, and some Nazi zombies, just to name a few. I don’t know about you guys but I’m going on vacay next week. Anyone know anything good to do in Denver?
- OMG. Dead snow¸ looks like it’s going to kick some serious Nazi zombie ass.
- Art Observed has a great links roundup to get you (not) in the mood for the Venice Biennale.
- Former BAS guest Francesco Bonami is guest blogging over at The Moment.
- Old GM crash test video from the 60’s are positively terrifying. I laughed so hard at work I think I scared my coworkers and am thankful I grew up in the 80s. Seat belts people.
- Chicago Tribune had a papercraft tribute to Sen. Roland Burris.
- Google introduced the Wave. I watched an hour of the hour and twenty min demo and then asked myself why I had watched it for that long.
- This week I hit a new personal low when I Google image searched “Maru the Cat” and found an image of myself on the second page.
- Everyone went crazy for The Beatles Rockband intro. And yes I think it does live up to all the hype. Well at least the first half, I am not a big Yellow Submarine fan.
- The Seeker told us about James Felix McKenney’s AUTOMATONS.
- Gary Hustwit’s new Documentary Objectified starts tonight at the Gene Siskel Film Center.
- Seriously WTF?!