On this weeks roundup we check out the conservation of contemporary art, AFC’s recap of Venice and Basel, and most importantly cats getting stoned via boing boing. Hope everyone has a great weekend and maybe well see you at galleries tonight.
- Paddy Johnson’s recap of this years Art Basel and Venice Biennale. It didn’t sound like we missed much.
- Ed Winkleman’s post on starting a commercial art gallery in a poor economy.
- “Millennium Park’s tradition of dazzling and delayed public art goes on“
- Becky Smith is closing Bellweather in New York after 10 years.
- Art 21 has a great post by Richard McCoy about the the conservation of contemporary art.
- Turner Prize winner Steve McQueen will be showing his Deadpan in Times Square.
- Dieter Rams on Plural Blog
- “Judge Slams MoMA, Guggenheim on Secret Holocaust Art Agreement.” That doesn’t sound good.
- Offworld has a sneak peak at a follow up to my favorite Iphone game Rolando 2!!!
Check out Ben Streetâ€™s thoughtful and timely essay on curatorial practice of the institutional kind posted today on the Art 21 blog. Best line: â€œ…(G)reat curatorship hides itself, or, put another way, the first rule of curating is you donâ€™t talk about curating.â€ Here, here!
Via Art Fag City.