- BeyoncÃ©. I know, as if you needed me to tell you this. But did you see that even the Art Institute of Chicago is crazy in love, recently releasing an internet marketing campaign superimposing Jay & Bey into famous paintings in the collection. What?!
- Trans is Trending, are the first three words in this piece for Bullett Media by Fiona Duncan. Pointing to a pretty fab recent Barney’s campaign featuring all trans models, she also points out Laverne Cox, Carmen Carrera and Chelsea Manning as trans poster children of the past year.
- Henna Tattoos & Instagram Selfies. Alberto Aguilar’s conversational pieces are sweeping the SAIC community after the artist gave 4-minute tattoo sessions for free inside a beaded alcove at the opening for “PARTY,” an alumni show in celebration of SAIC’s SUGs galley’s 20th anniversary. Featuring a ton of pink and black sheet cake, and Claire Ashley inflatables jiggling to John Philips on the ones and twos, it was a sight to behold. For Instagram bonus points, scope Isa Giallorenzo’s piece with awesome pictures of the ever fashionable #FigureandGround also on view at “PARTY” for the Chicago Reader.
- Blissing Out. I don’t actually know what this means but if Extinct Entities’ Anthony Stepter is doing it, it must be cool. For more proof, see Father Finger’s Kylie Lance blissing out in her new video, “Body of Bliss” off her new album of the same name. It still sounds like some hippy yoga thing to me, but whatever man. Bliss on.
- E-Cigs inexplicably STILL trending. Now there’s a forum about it? Featuring contributions by Tracy Jeanne Rosenthal, Orit Gat, Mat Dryhurst and Brian Rogers, and a video intervention by Karthik Pandian and friends, “This is the ENDD” was created by Rhizome to examine the broader context of the Electronic Nicotine Delivery Device (ENDD). Worth it if you’re still into that sort of thing and nearby the New Museum on February 22nd.