Stephanie Burke was born in Nevada City, CA in 1984. She received her BA in Studio Art and Anthropology from Humboldt State University in 2007, and her MFA in Photography from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago in 2009. Currently she makes work, teaches photography at Wilbur Wright College and Hyde Park Art Center, writes for Bad at Sports and works as Managing Editor for Art Talk Chicago and Chicago Art Magazine.When not making, teaching, looking at, or writing about art, she enjoys running around in the woods, drinking beer by bonfires, and target shooting.
- Daniel Birnbaum Nominated for Director of the Visual Arts for the 53rd Venice Biennale
- Caught Between the Privatized Marriage Market and the Corporatized Labor Market: the Zero-Sum Binary of the (Failed) American Dream?
- Contemporary Exploration Part 2; The Idea of Elsewhere: An Interview with Hui-Min Tsen
- It’s Time: The Rapid Pulse International Performance Art Festival
- Roberta Smith Answers the Question, “How Do Critics Experience Art?”