On this week’s twitter roundup I checked out The Walker’s show, “The Quick and the Dead”, Vito Acconci modeled for J Crew, and it looks like blackface is in fashion again. If your looking for something to do tonight stop by the Co-Prosperity Sphere for the release party for Proximity’s latest issue.
Proximity Issue 005 Release Party
Co-Prosperity Sphere, 3219 S Morgan
Friday, September 25, 9pm – 1am
For more info check out their website.
- Just watched the new Tekken 6 commercial. My baby sis is in it!
- I didn’t know blackface was making a comeback.
- I feel like such a nerd for liking this.
- Jeff Koons the curator.
- Annie Leibovitz guest designs for Vuitton.
- RT @artfagcity Brandeis President Jehuda Reinharz Resigns.
- RT @findings Dominic Molon speaks with Jeremy Deller and Liam Gillick at the MCA Chicago October 10th.
- Behold. Vito Acconci the model
- Proximity issue 5 Release Party this Friday.
- An oral history of Over the Edge via @boingboing
- 8bitpeoples releases BlipFest 2008 2CD set. And it’s only $15!
- Black Dynamite: Drugs Are Fun. via @worldsbestever
- Guggenheim Fail.
- Yayoi Kusama: I Love Me trailer is up. via@ cmonstah
- I remember when this issue of Radar came out but Michelle Obama looks pretty bad ass. Even without the text.
- A man with hair styled as a hat. via @boingboing
- RT @artnetdotcom: Thought-provoking essay by Michael Bérubé critiquing the “cultural studies” tradition of criticism
- My coworker just sent me this: Chicagoans for Rio 2016.
- Golden Age has a brief Q&A with Nicholas Gottlund about his show Plain + Fancy.
- Watching videos of this year’s MacArthur Fellows
- RT @KathrynBorn Is the NEA asking artists to push the health care agenda? – Art Talk Chicago
- Portions of Proximity’s latest issue can be found online.
- http://twitpic.com/igqld – Just entering The Quick and the Dead. Excellent wall text.
- This Robert Irwin installation feels like a room out of “Holy Mountain”until you get a closer look.
- http://twitpic.com/igioy – Pierre Huyghe
- http://twitpic.com/ighel – @ the walker early. Checking out some holder in the sculpture garden